UI/UX Designer / Golf Gamebook
Golf GameBook is a tech company, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Our purpose is to make golf more fun and engaging with our world-class Mobile Application (B2C) and Web solutions (B2B). With more than 1M registered users and over 25 million rounds of golf recorded so far, Golf GameBook is one of the fastest growing golf communities in the world and a leading social golf app.
Experience golf like never before – The story of Golf GameBook started back in 2007, when the idea of a digital scorecard with a social twist was born. In 2023, our future couldn’t look any better. We have a great team and a great product and we are ready to take the next big step, and we need more great people to support our plans and growth.
That’s why we’re looking to strengthen our team and looking for a new UI/UX Designer!
Read more from here.
In this position, you will play a key role in designing our products, further developing our design system and improving the overall user experience. You will pair up with our Lead Designer and work closely with our Mobile and Web application development teams. The details of the role will be adjusted based on your competence and aspirations, but in the beginning you will be mainly focusing on the UI design within the Golf GameBook mobile app. You will be making detailed designs and specifications, creating working prototypes and communicating daily with our developers and other stakeholders. In other words you will have a great impact on how our products will look and feel and get to be part in planning and designing exciting new features for our users.
The working model is hybrid in a sense that you can work remotely every now and then. However, to enable effective collaboration, most of the work would take place at our office in Espoo, Finland.
You get to work in a small but dynamic team creating products that golfers love to use. Your work will be far from boring since you have a big role in creating new exciting features, crafting our UI’s to look even better and easier to use while learning a lot from the industry. In other words we offer you a front seat in the digitalization of golf.
The basis are well in place and you get to join Golf GameBook during exciting times, as our business is growing and we are supported by a list of very prominent investors. We have a very down-to-earth atmosphere and your new colleagues are eagerly waiting to welcome you to the team and provide you with the support you need.
- Modern working space with top notch equipment
- Phone benefit
- Excellent private gym downstairs to our office free of charge
- Great discounts to various golf brands
- Free snacks and beverages available at the office at all times
- Not to forget our own small putting/chipping green in the middle of the office to practice your golf skills
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
- UI/UX Design, main focus on UI Design
- Co-operation with different teams and stakeholders
We are seeking for a UI/UX Designer for our client company Golf GameBook. If you identify yourself as a creative and an open-minded team player, and you have previous experience from UI/UX design, this might be a perfect opportunity for you. Please apply for this position today, since we will start the interviews as soon as possible!
- Good understanding of the basic design principles, best practices and tools
- Customer driven and creative mindset
- Experience in creating working prototypes
- Experience in working with design systems
- Former experience on related tools and frameworks: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Unity, Jira, Confluence
- Portfolio to showcase your earlier design projects
- Fluent English
Are seen as an advantage:
- Graphical design (e.g. Digital art, Icon design)
- UX testing
- User research
- Golf knowledge / Interest towards sport applications
- Start: As soon as possible
- Duration: Permanent contract with Academic Work
- Location: Espoo
- Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from our client company that all questions regarding the position are handled by Academic Work.
Apply / Hae paikkaa.