User Experience Designer / Agco Oy
AGCO is an international company headquartered in Atlanta US, and is one of the leading manufacturers of agriculture. Within the Engineering Department, AGCO has created a Global multidisciplinary innovation team – the new Smart AG team.
We are looking for a
User Experience Designer
based in Jyväskylä, Finland
We work outside of traditional engineering processes to accelerate and refocus product development. At the core of the team’s mission is the entrepreneurial mindset of understanding farmers’ daily lives and getting value by giving solutions out to them as fast as possible. We’re looking for a naturally proactive and customer orientated team member to help kick start our activities. So, if you’re passionate about understanding what customers really need and delivering solutions with the flexibility and speed of a garage start-up, yet with the resources of a global company, then this position is the chance for you to throw away the rule book and get the job done!
We’re building the plane as we fly it
As Smart AG is brand new everything, we do is up to us. As an integral team member, you will have the unique opportunity to take part in rethinking the best practices and be involved in developing and influencing the team. We work in an agile approach, where you are involved in continuously updating the system requirements in collaboration with end-users, product management, and the engineering organization. You will therefore have a high impact on the system, and you will have the opportunity to leave your fingerprints on future technologies and products.
As our new User Experience Designer, you will play a key role in bringing new product ideas to market. You will be part of an agile team, where you will take part in all aspects of product development and experience a variety of tasks:
- Build up and manage test customer network in Finland and other countries
- Gather in an organised and systematic manner customer feedback from around the globe (Workshops, user testing, customer visits, social media, etc…)
- Record and measure low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototype user interactions
- Analyse feedback to create and improve the customer experience
- Implement learnings and create clear UX requirements for next rapid iteration
- Work very closely with other team members in a fast moving and global team
- Co-ordinate actions and communicate with other internal teams
The job offers a large degree of freedom, flexibility and responsibility to form the workday to suit your ambitions and goals.
We place great emphasis on you being curious, driven, and self-managing, and that you have a natural desire to include your colleagues and ensure a strong team spirit in your daily work.
You will probably have a relevant education and relevant experience. To succeed in the role, you have experience with:
- Experience with UI prototyping tools or graphic editors (e.g., Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, etc)
- Experience with remote user testing, AB testing, product testing
- Experience with design thinking and customer Journey mapping
- A validated training or equivalent experience in User Experience Design
An innovative and creative mindset is essential, as detailed product requirements, the engineering toolbox and the processes are rarely defined upfront, which demands you to utilize all your creative powers and pragmatic approaches. Furthermore, to be a great candidate, you possess:
- A desire to understand and empathise with end-users, matched with an ability to connect and discuss topics at their level.
- A desire and ability to take extreme ownership of your projects
- A “get it done” attitude with a strong attention to detail
- Motivated to make a difference where nothing is given in advance
- You are innovative, curious and creative and you are solution oriented
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to be assertive when explaining your findings
- Flexibility to work within a small but passionate team
- The willingness to travel globally (<25% of work time)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- French language skills would be an advantage
What We Offer You
As our new team member, you become a part of our team of 10 engineers, designers and agronomists who all have a different focus area. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Our multidisciplinary team of engineers every day jointly explore new ideas and opportunities to deliver step-change technologies and concepts enabling enhanced productivity and sustainability in agriculture. We offer a workplace where you have the opportunity to have an international and global focus with daily interaction across countries, cultures and disciplines. We also offer:
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work in a brand-new team within a large global company and define your own methods and processes
- A rare chance to bring real and tangible change to the lives of farmers
- Freedom to own the whole development process, from idea to creation to customer release
- A global role working with people from multiple countries and visiting customers around the world
- A collaborative culture where thoughts soon translate into action.
- Responsibility and empowerment of teams and individuals to self-organize and execute.
- Good and open work environment, where freedom and creativity are core values.
- Hybrid remote work policy
- A salary that matches your experience and qualifications
We are happy to hear more about you and your expertise! Send your application, CV and salary expectation before September 12th, 2022. We will be reviewing and possibly interviewing candidates before the application closing time. For more information, you can contact Samuel Hardy-Linna email@example.com+358401986349
AGCO Corporations is one of the leading manufacturers of agriculture machinery. Through the brands of Massey Fergusson, Fendt, Challenger, Valtra and GSI, AGCO delivers agriculture solutions to farmers worldwide through a full line portfolio of tractors combine harvesters, hay and forage equipment, seeding and tillage implements, applicators as well as grain storage and protein production systems. AGCO is headquartered in Atlanta US with worldwide facilities for manufacturing, engineering, sales and service. www.agcocorp.com
Job Segment: Agricultural, User Experience, Agronomy, Manufacturing Engineer, Product Development, Agriculture, Technology, Engineering, Research