User Researcher / UX Designer / Ubisoft
Passionate about games, programming and game audio? Interested in joining a world-class game development team working in an inclusive and friendly environment? If so, we might be looking for you! We are Ubisoft RedLynx, a studio located in Helsinki bringing console, computer, and mobile game development together under one roof.
We are looking for a User Researcher / UX Designer to work in a multi project setting, focusing either on mobile or computer/console projects. As a hybrid UR/UXD person you will participate in pushing a player-oriented approach to our games in development as well as keep improving the games already in their live phase. In addition to insights from user research you will use your expertise on human behavior to improve our games’ overall experience.
You will be working tightly with our game production teams and studio player intelligence group as well as coordinating with other experts within Ubisoft. You’ll be planning and conducting qualitative studies and using a range of UX methodologies to drive the player’s point of view.
We’re looking for a person capable of owning the user research and UX processes and communicating smoothly with peer professionals and people of different backgrounds, be they fellow designers or external playtesters. You are a flexible person able to base your decisions on facts rather than opinions and have the mindset of continuous improvement. You will start as part of a growing organization so having initiative for new ideas is highly appreciated.
- Planning and conducting user research activities and playtests, both independently and together with other researchers
- Carrying a range of UX activities in game projects of varying stages
- Promoting and coordinating UR&UX activities and improving the team’s ways of working
Skills and experience needed
- Proficient in conducting user research, analyzing the results and reporting the findings to the team
- Ability to run playtests on mobile or computer/console environment
- Strong end-to-end UX skills with games or apps
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English
- Experience on working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Curious, analytical and flexible mindset
We also appreciate
- Experience in working with data analyst experts
- Experience working in a multi-project setting
- Familiarity with gaming trends and genres
What we offer
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people.
- Lots of interesting opportunities to develop yourself within Ubisoft.
- Cozy office space within a 10-minute walk from the Pasila railway station and right next to Tripla!
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free snacks, free games, parties, events… you name it!
- Healthy work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, which is why we have flexible working hours.
Do not wait any longer and let us hear from you! If you are skilled UR/UX hybrid in game development or coming outside the games industry don`t hesitate to send us your application. It is all about finding the right person for our team. Please send your application and CV with your salary expectation and possible link to your portfolio. The application period closes on June 6th 2022 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
If you have any questions about the position, you can contact Markus Kuuranta, User Research Manager at email@example.com, or call Markus on May 23rd or 30th between 15-16 o’clock (UTC+3) at + 358-50-374-6636.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.