UX Designer / Musopia
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to lead and improve the current Musopia apps and design the future. You would be joining our growing R&D team, where we are designing the future of music education together. You are a seasoned user experience professional with an excellent ability to understand user needs and convert insights, ideas, and requirements into engaging experiences that would change the way people learn music.
- Collaborating in a fun and dynamic environment with other developers, and various stakeholders to understand user needs, create concepts, validate user flows, and take ideas from sketches to production
- Having end-to-end design responsibility for different service features, user journeys, prototypes, and concepts
- Creating and maintaining UX flows, conducting usability tests, and working with developers to get designs implemented
- Crafting detailed visual design for app UI
- Facilitating design workshops from time to time
- Communicating ideas and design concepts to the broader team in a transparent manner
- Ability to facilitate online user testing research when needed
- Strong experience in modern UX and interaction design for mobile apps with latest design trends
- Experience with using design techniques such as creating user journeys, service blueprints, information architecture representations, et cetera.
- Basic methodological knowledge of user-centric design and visual design principles, usability, and accessibility
- Hands-on experience with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch Photoshop, Zeplin, Protopie, et cetera.)
- A general understanding of the SW development process and experience working with developers
- Fluent communication skills with good written and spoken English
- Experience in rapid prototyping on varying levels of fidelity
- Portfolio showing UI design skills and a track record of delivered projects
We also appreciate:
- Experience with Unity and the UI implementation pipeline
- Experience working with Design Systems or other style guidelines
- Interest and/or background in music
Our office is in Helsinki, but we work mostly remotely. Our team is easy-going yet super talented, culture safe, but ambitious and we are set to make an impact for the future. Note that playing a musical instrument is a benefit, but not mandatory. There is a fair chance to learn, everybody will get a free Guitar or an Ukulele!
Please submit your application, including your portfolio link, online no later than Monday, the 14th of February 2022. For further information, please contact Arja Martikainen arja.martikainen(at)barona.fi
Please listen a podcast about us: https://bitinsider.fi/musopia/