UX Designer / Nokia
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
As Nokia’s growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
As a UX Designer you will design and prototype concepts that adhere to Nokia’s design principles. Your exceptional design and research skills will help us define, visualize, validate and communicate design solutions in an effective and tangible manner. A creative mind with a structured approach to problem-solving and willingness to try new ideas will thrive in this role and help to create best-in-class customer experiences across our products. The ideal candidate should be a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self-starter and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it.
- Produce designs to help the entire product team understand the desired user experience: sketches, storyboards, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes .
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand and translate business and user requirements and technology constraints into simple yet meaningful design solutions.
- Engage with product managers, customers and development team members to solve user and business goals using the principles of user-centered design .
- Collaborate and discuss prototyping outcomes with fellow designers, PMs, and developers to ensure high quality implementation of your designs.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers .
- Be passionate about your work and happy to present your designs to stakeholders for review and feedback .
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in the field of UX design and research.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Produce designs to help the entire product team understand the desired user experience: sketches, storyboards, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to understand and translate business and user requirements and technology constraints into simple yet meaningful user-centered design solutions.
- Have great communications skills, ability to work independently and as part of an extended global team.
- Ability to manage time and understand how to organize you to share ideas/work across time zones in an efficient manner.
- Define interaction models, user task flows and UI specifications for development to use.
- Collaborate with R&D to ensure high quality implementation of your designs through the production process.
- Articulate design rationale to balance business goals, technical feasibility and user needs.
- Advise, collaborate with and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Be passionate about your work and happy to present your designs to stakeholders for review and feedback.
- 5 + years ’ experience designing web or mobile applications.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Marvel, Invision, Sketch, Abstract.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience with Sketch and Marvel
- Understanding of CSS and basic HTML
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.