UX Designer / Sokos Hotels
Haku auki toistaiseksi. / Applications are open until further notice.
At SOK we are building world-class design and development competences to exceed our customers’ expectations. We combine research, creativity, and data-driven intuition to make our customers’ daily lives easier.
Sokos Hotels is the best-known, most trusted, and respected hotel chain in Finland. Hospitality is a business of experiences. We design for the ease, indulgence, joy, and peace. For what people desire from their stay. A big part of this is providing customers options to act by themselves, from booking to check-in, stay and to check-out. We’ve set the bar with our digital services – would you be the one joining our team of forerunners?
UX Designer, Sokos Hotels
As a UX Designer of Sokos Hotels, you would be an ambassador of human-centred design and an expert of user interfaces and visuals. There are three services to own: our app, website and self-service kiosk. You are curious to find room for improvements and drive your work with data.
You get to be part of 10+ professionals from the fields of design, business, coding, data and analytics, and QA, working together for hotel experiences. Other designers from SOK Design are also here to support, spar and share their know-how and insight.
- Actively bridging the invisible gap between problem and solution space
- Making user interests and insights visible in everyday decision-making
- Designing user experiences and interfaces that function and delight
- Designing user flows for smooth and coherent experiences
- Creating visuals that take experiences to next level
- Creating wireframes and prototypes to test and communicate designs
- Advocating our needs to shared design system work
- Collaborating closely with developers
What we hope from you
- Versatile hands-on knowledge from designing user interface
- Experience in crafting of digital services
- Ability to work independently and learn
- Ability to utilise data and customer insight in design work
- Ability to apply agile ways of working
- Experience of tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
- Knowledge of usage of design systems
- Good people and communication skills
- In work-related matters you communicate fluently in English
What we offer for you
- A chance to impact the hotel stays of our many customers and daily lives of hotel employees as well as impact the hotel business of future
- Mature working environment where your design expertise is highly appreciated, and you have freedom to fulfill it as you see the best
- Teammates who value trust and diversity in team, and enjoy get-togethers with board games, picnic blankets, and great food
- Modern but stable organisation culture based on responsible and cooperative principles. We work flexibly remotely and at office.
- Support from SOK Design community to boost your professional growth and learning. We are a team of ~30 design professionals.
- Benefits of the big house: wide range of tangible employee benefits, occupational healthcare, sports and culture benefit and lunch benefit in staff restaurant
How to apply
If we were able to catch your interest, next we would like to learn more about you! Please tell us about yourself, your expertise and skills, and your professional interests onSunday 14th of August the latest. We will be reading the applications as they come. Please attach your CV and portfolio to your application.
If you want to check something regarding the position or ways of working before applying,you can chat with our IT Talent Acquisition Specialist AnnaRuokamo (anna.ruokamo(a)sok.fi, +35844 564 2794). Anna is available starting from Wed 3.8.
SOK in short
SOK belongs to S Group, which is a customer-owned Finnish network of companies in the retail andservice sectors, with more than 1,800 outlets in Finland. SOK Corporation comprises Suomen Osuuskauppojen Keskuskunta (SOK) and its subsidiaries. SOK is a central cooperative which producesexpert and support services – such as chain management, product range, procurement, and marketingservices – for the cooperatives of S Group. SOK is also responsible for the strategic guidance of SGroup and the development of the business chains. Through its subsidiaries, SOK engages in the traveland hospitality business and supermarket trade in Finland and Estonia.
Apply. / Hae paikkaa.