UX Designer / Varian
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We’re seeking a UX Designer to join our highly dedicated design team in Helsinki, Finland. You will play a crucial role in creating top-notch user experience for our users as well as making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families across the world.
You will be responsible for designing features for our patient and clinic applications, starting from user research to finalized workflow and UI specifications. You will be part of a dynamic and diverse team that is committed to creating a culture of innovation and improving healthcare through the power of design. With us, you will get to use your skills together with other designers, UX researchers, software developers and product managers to create the best possible product.
Noona is Varian’s cloud-based software solution for patient relationships and care navigation management. It’s designed to connect cancer patients with their clinics online throughout the entire cancer journey. Noona is used by 35 000+ active cancer patients and healthcare professionals from leading oncology centers in North America and Europe.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver compelling UX solutions, while being capable of acknowledging limitations and trade-offs.
- Produce a wide variety of design artifacts from interaction models to pixel-perfect designs to effectively communicate design concepts.
- Evaluate proposed design solutions against pre-determined quality and success criteria and be able to articulate the rationale behind design decisions.
- Work closely with researchers to plan research activities and uncover unmet needs and constantly validate that the design solutions meet all safety requirements.
- Execute appropriate UX activities at each stage of the product life cycle, to guide the multi-disciplinary team to make informed decisions.
- Ensure all required design documentation comply with medical standards.
- Actively engage with other designers to give and solicit feedback to continually ensure that design solutions are smart and safe to use.
- Actively share feedback and comments on others’ work to help them grow in their field.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in user experience design, human-computer interaction, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience delivering great experience design as UX designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar.
- Proficiency in design tools; we currently use Figma.
- Experience working in close collaboration with engineering development team using an agile software development process.
- Experience working on complex, enterprise products and ecosystems, in regulated industries is an asset.
- Ability to communicate well and present to a broad range of audiences.
- Fluency in English.
- Data visualization skills preferred.
In your application, please include a link to your portfolio or to a couple of apps or online services you have been designing.
Join us to work with purpose
Work in a friendly and supportive team mostly collocated in Helsinki. The team is truly international, and no Finnish language skills are needed. Experience startup spirit while being backed-up by a 70-year-old corporation. Work on a cloud native SaaS product built with modern tools with a large userbase. Grow professionally and develop your skills with our extensive learning opportunities. Cash bonus scheme, extensive health care and benefits package. Excellent work-life balance.
Varian is required to comply with all local and applicable regulations that may be associated with vaccine requirements for certain roles.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That’s why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.