UX Designer, Weather and Environment Insights / Vaisala Oyj
Our planet needs you! We at Vaisala are looking for a UX Designer to join our Weather and Environment business at Espoo.
Vaisala has been predicting the unpredictable for over 80 years. We are a global leader in weather and industrial measurements, and our technologies can be found in demanding environments from hospitals, national parks, and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world – even on Mars!
Accurate weather and environmental data & insights continue to play a key role as extreme weather phenomena become more frequent. As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for the User Experience of our integrated cloud platform that aims at providing essential weather and environment data and insights to businesses. You will determine choices around user journeys to ensure the very best experiences for our customers.
What you will do
- Research & insight – leading a range of research inputs from internal and external customers and the market to understand the user demands
- Information Architecture – taking the insight and analysis and translating this into defined user and product experiences
- Customer journey design – creating journey maps and visual layouts that can be reviewed, tested, and validated
- Define an end to end understanding of experiences across Products to articulate the current and future state of experience
- Negotiate requirements and designs with product managers, designers, and developers
- Optimization – Continuously optimizing the user journeys based on usage insights
We are looking for
- Experience in working with virtual teams across multiple projects to create and test wireframes, user flows, prototypes
- Experience in closely collaborating with development teams to translate concept prototypes to production software
- Experience in working with multi-dimensional B2B solutions that is a collection of capabilities from several products and services
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in design-related software (e.g., Figma, Miro, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc).
What is unique about Vaisala as an employer?
- Space-proof and science-based technology: We are known for the greatest reliability and quality, and our instruments are even exploring Mars onboard the Mars rovers. This is enabled by our strong and consistent focus on R&D that secures our position as the technology and market leader. In 2020, we invest 14% of our net sales into R&D.
- Sustainability leader: We are on the top of the Financial Times’ list of European climate leaders; we are no 1 in a sustainability study that rates Finnish listed companies based on their environmental, social, and corporate governance performance. Finnish private investors also voted Vaisala as the most sustainable listed company in Finland.
- Engaged work community: The Engagement (4.14/5) and Leadership (4.16/5) Indexes in our annual employee survey are on an excellent level, as our employees report that they find their work meaningful, learn, and feel well in their work. The length of an average career at Vaisala is 10 years.
- Equal opportunities for all: We have no gender pay gap, and as a global company diversity of people is one of the cornerstones of our success.
To learn more about the position, feel free to reach out to Anand Adhiappan (email@example.com ). If you are interested, apply at the latest on 10 th of Aug , 2022 via the application form.