UX Lead / Senior UX-Designer / Veikkaus
Veikkaus creates joy through games. We provide great experiences and top-notch games, but not at any cost. We foster the joy of gaming and make sure that Finns play with moderation, enjoying our games. We want to be the pioneer of responsible gaming experience. Almost all adult Finns have tried our games and we have two million Loyal Customers. We are involved in Finnish life in many ways. We are ca. 1,600 Veikkaus employees, working at nearly a hundred locations all over Finland. Our games are sold at thousands of points of sales and they are also available for safe online gaming at veikkaus.fi and in the Veikkaus application.
We are looking for
UX Lead / Senior UX-Designer (Design Studio)
For full-time employment
Veikkaus Design Studio is a forerunner in applying new technologies and bold experimentation when it comes to design and development of gaming devices, platforms and UI for multi-channel gaming experience. We are now looking for a UX Lead or senior UX-Designer to join our agile design and development team. Position will be tailored based on your experience and competences.
As a part of multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for providing solutions for user interface and user experience development work, guidelines, and continuous improvement of best practices related to our current and future gaming products and services.
Main responsibilities include:
- Championing user centric approaches by example
- Translating user stories to user interface prototypes
- Defining and continuously improving user experience, visualizing user flows
- User interface design of Veikkaus’s slot machines, terminals and management tools
- Supporting Veikkaus Game Studio’s user experience design in game projects
- Planning and executing user tests relating to user experience
This is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Possibility to participate in and influence large multifaceted projects, bringing fun to millions of people. We develop our own hardware and software, so the possibilities for experimentation and innovation are almost limitless.
- Self-driven teams. We believe that autonomous teams can create best customer experiences!
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly ”competence development days” that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Unusually large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
- Competitive salary
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong experience in user centric design with digital products
- Understanding of agile methodologies and philosophy
- Natural ability to communicate with our users in order to find the best possible user experience
- Interest and ability to conduct different types of user studies (questionnaires, observations, qualitative research etc.)
- We use Figma as a design software
- Knowledge of Design Systems and applications
- Experience in light UI-prototyping (eg Axure or similar)
- Good visualization skills (eg Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
- An appropriate degree (BA/MA or similar polytechnic degree) or otherwise acquired appropriate competence)
- Good documentation and interaction skills
- A strong portfolio
Considered as a plus:
- Experience from gaming industry or developing digital products in B2C environment
- UI Animation skills (2d/3d)
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. We have modern and agile remote working methods in use and flexible on-site working spaces at the office.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included latest 20.2.2022. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For any inquiries about the position don’t hesitate to contact Markus Viitasalo via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +358505703887.
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, to the person selected for the position.