Visual Designer / Wärtsilä Oyj
A safer, low-carbon shipping industry is underpinned by data sharing. We at Wärtsilä Voyage are creating the digital infrastructure needed to enable high-performing maritime logistics – for the safe movement of goods and people. Through our world-leading Smart Marine portfolio, we support our customers in their efforts to ensure secure, highly energy-efficient and cost-effective marine operations.
Wärtsilä is on a mission to enable sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services. As we change course towards a cleaner, smarter maritime future, we’re looking for top talent to join our team. Are you ready to join the Voyage?
Voyage Services is implementing an R&D model that drives to standardise our product development process and increase the efficiency of R&D.
Product Design team will drive the standardization of conceptual, visual and technical designs of Voyage Services and thus plays a key role in the success of R&D function.
- Conceptual design represents how value is delivered to customers and users, i.e. how our products deliver value and what is the scope of each product.
- Visual design of Voyage Services’ products shall converge to be implemented using one design system, one visual expression, within realms of possibility.
- Technical design requires standardization of architecture, from platform to data protocols to runtime frameworks and user interface frameworks, in compliance with Wärtsilä’s common edge platform goals.
Visual Designer is responsible for leading Visual design activities and creating standardised visuals for Voyage Services’ products. In this role you get to be both creative and analytical at the same time.
Visual Designer will be reporting to Senior Manager, Product Design.
Key responsibilities for Visual Designer:
- Driving standardization of visual design of Voyage Service products.
- Creating and developing UI designs through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and other prototypes.
- Designing UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets for common Design System.
- Conducting usability research and analysing results.
- Creating documentation for development teams’ backlog.
- Working in iterative style with internal stakeholders and customers to polish design.
- Creating a psychologically safe, creative working environment for Product Design team.
- Being a team player and getting stuff done. Sometimes this means taking care of making marketing materials or preparing a demo for stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in leading UI design work of complex user interfaces.
- Experience in creating, developing and testing UI prototypes in iterative manner.
- Experience working with Design Systems.
- Following and using latest usability and human factors principles as part of daily work.
- Experience with UI documentation.
- Comfortable working in cross-competence teams.
- Ability to build & develop trustful professional relationships with ease across your business stakeholders including customers and peers.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software: Figma, HTML, CSS (SCSS), Design Systems, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Applications through email will not be recorded/responded to, however for questions from applications, please reach out to:
Senior Director, Product Group Connected Marine
Last application date: 15/03/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.